This cliche has been over used and has probably lost its meaning. Business owners do not believe customer is king. They believe in their profit margin and customers take what business owners have or leave it.
How can we come back to the paradigm that businesses are set up for customers’ satisfaction first which then yields profit to the business owners?
We must do the following;
- Find out what the customer wants.
- Do businesses that align with customers’ needs.
- Create effective customer feedback channels.
- Resolve customers complaints early.
- Treat customers with respect & dignity.
- Create customer forum for interaction.
- Have customers’ suggestion box to hear from customers.
- Create business incentives for customers.
This said, businesses can only thrive when customers are given the right of place and we acknowledge that customer is king in our businesses.